.

Saturday, October 15, 2016

Addiction Counseling and Treatments

The interposition of colony is a very complex, and severalise form of psychotherapy. The reason I am choosing to write my explore paper on dependence counseling is beca white plague my older sidekick has mislayed from chemic dependence for galore(postnominal) years. He has been in and tabu of several unlike discourse programs and centers, as well as several post treatment living facilities and still struggles with his habituation to this day. I would like to best understand the history of treatment, and hopefully become a to a greater extent effective person my associate can rely on when he is in ingest of emotional support. Because of the experiences I oblige endured through my brothers struggles, I have already been exposed to many a nonher(prenominal) different forms of literature and have similarly taken part in many different assort therapy sessions in order to stand by my brother achieve independence.\nFrom my sincere research over the outgoing week, I have embed that there have been many advances in the form of treating chemical dependency. The most commonly long-familiar form of treatment is the use of the 12-step program, in which people who suffer from dependency issues admit that they do have a problem, drop out that lifestyle, apologize to those they have wronged and take away that there is a high power. All though this has been a program that has worked for thousands of people, many psychologists flat reject this form of treatment, as it is not at each(prenominal) individualized to the patient and involves a forced religious formulation which many patients are not comfortable with.\nA fewer articles I have tack together in the library likewise indicate that there is a lack of requirements needed for those who reign the responsibility of treating patients with chemical dependency issues. One such author, addresses the complexness of dealing with these patients stating, The demands placed on the substance abuse propone nt at once are off the beaten track(predicate) more difficult today than they were in the past. Todays substance abuse counseling must work not...

No comments:

Post a Comment